SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soaking Up Korean Cinema

Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well in this gloomy California weather! I consider it great movie watching weather and have had the pleasure of watching 2 great Korean films recently, My Tutor Friend and A Millionaire's First Love.




The first, a romantic comedy is quite entertaining and stars Kim Ha-Nuel and Kwon Sang-Woo. Kwon plays a 21-year old rebellious high school student and Kim stars as a college student assigned to tutor him. This film is full of action, comedy and a few sweet moments as well. It was thoroughly enjoyable to me and I hope you get a chance to see it as well!

The second film I watched, A Millionaire's First Love stars Hyun Bin and Lee Yeon-hee. The story is about an arrogant boy set to inherit a great fortune on his 18th Birthday... but there are a few conditions he must adhere to first. Along the way to claim his fortune he meets many obstacles and does the unexpected, falls in deeply in love. Beautiful and touching in Korean drama fashion, this film had my attention from the first minute to the last.

I highly encourage you to check out both of these great films!

Until next time Asian film fans!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment