SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day Two, Too Coool for Yoooo.

Yes!
It's Friday!
Day 2 of SAN DIEGO ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL!


As soon as I arrived at the theater, happy for another day at the festival, I was greeted by the man behind GIANT ROBOT , the popular art magazine based in LA. His name is Eric Nakamura. So kind of you Eric! (Just kidding. I went to bug him when I spotted him alone.)
A few hours later, I spotted director ROMAN CORTEZ, who was here to do a live video shoot that requires participants from the audience. How exciting- I thought.... until I also found out that..............
LEONARDO NAM was a part of this!!! He was back to join us this year-- so nice seeing him again! But I had to miss the live video shooting. Boo.
There was a man in a banana suit roaming the theater area. Hm. (Promoting for WHITE ON RICE-- nothing unusual-. And he's a very nice banana man :] )
Screening of WHITE ON RICE!!! Packed theater, roaring laughs... even the Q&A session was hilarious!
Our young short film director JOE KAMIMURA who has his short film BE AWARE at our festival this year. He attended the screening too. (he's a cutie)
And the star of the night-- Hiroshi!!! With another festival guest Carol Yun who came all the way from Temecula. (thank you Carol!) He generously did a shoutout for our friends too. Domo arigatoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment