They were setting up the theater last night, and the lounge looks gorgeous. They were stinging up the stars from the be a star campaign, the cranes for the fold a prayer/cancer awareness campaign, the little art gallery we have going on in the hallway was being put together, will call, tables and booths were set up. Gotta do a shout out to our awesome operations director Phillip Luque and facilities coordinators Anthony Noceda and Emil Ayoubkhan. And of course to our dedicated, top-notch, wouldn’t trade them for the world volunteers for helping us set up.
Finally, announcements made last night/things to keep in mind for the festival/help spread the word:
- We will be doing a twitter/facebook contest, so keep your eyes peeled.
- We have a live webcam in the theater lobby so get online and check it out if you can’t physically make to the festival (ex if you’re stuck at work and want to know what’s going on at the theater).
- Unfortunately, tonight’s screening of LEGEND IS ALIVE has been canceled. Sunday’s and Monday’s screenings are also tentatively canceled. The distributor has lost track of the print and we don’t have it. =(
- We’re doing an AFRO SAMURAI costume cosplay contest on Friday night from 6pm-9:30pm. Winner gets a $40 gift card. NO REAL SWORDS ALLOWED! That would be no bueno. And if you’re a volunteer and not working that night, you can cosplay and receive credit for half the time you’re there (ex you’re there and dressed up from 6pm-9:30pm so you will receive 1 hour and 15 minutes worth of volunteer hours). G4 is also going to do some kind of advertisement for us on their website, so be on the look out for that.
- Cut off time to RSVP for Friday night’s Belo event is Friday at 5pm. Get there early to get your FREE drink ticket!
- For our awesome patrons who will be at the theater every night watching movies: make sure you rest your eyes so you don’t have the urge to scratch them out.
- Get some sleep, take your vitamins and preventive flu/cold medication, and don’t forget to shower (ESPECIALLY for staff and our hardcore volunteers).
- Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
See you tonight!