SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Sunday, October 25, 2009

SDAFF 2009: What a Weekend!

Friday night was pretty laid back. Got to Jsix lounge early to set up. Once people showed up after the premier of THE PEOPLE I SLEPT WITH we pretty much just kicked it and talked. Gotta do a shout out to Stephen Chin and Louis Song, two of our board members, for making it out to Jsix. It is much appreciated!

Saturday was pretty nuts for me. Found out the night before that my long lost cousin would be making another appearance at SDAFF so I definitely had to go catch the second screening of ALL ABOUT DAD. I was in the middle of getting ready when I got a call. Turns out that my 10% chance of picking up Kero One, one of the Blowfish artists, became an 95% chance. Of course, it would be right in the middle of the movie, and I don’t like starting a movie and then not be able to finish it in one sitting. So I headed down to the theater anyway to say hello to my long lost cousin. I told him about my situation, and he was pretty chill about it. He said that the DVD would be coming out in December and I could just catch it then. So there you go! If you missed ALL ABOUT DAD, the DVD will be released in December.

As I was waiting for flight information and phone numbers to come though, I had one of the volunteers play photographer for me. Last year, Toyota had these key chains they gave away and I had taken a pair and turned them into earrings. The Toyota representatives totally loved it. So when I found out that they had new key chains this year, I knew I had to get my hands on them. With characters as cute as Dan, Frank and Mani, who could resist not taking a couple of each? So I worked some magic and viola! Toyota earrings! I was a bit bummed that the representatives weren’t at the theater when I was there, but it’s all good. I modeled our lovely turquoise SDAFF shirt and each pair of earrings by the respective car (meaning, if I wore the Mani earrings, I posed by the car with Mani on it).

As soon as all the information about Kero One’s flight came in, I took off to the airport. Picked him and DJ King Most up. They’re really cool guys and super laid back, talking a bit about San Francisco versus San Diego. Dropped them off at the Towne and Country before heading back to the theater to drop off left over materials from Jsix lounge. Caught my cousin and his costar Minh Do in the lobby talking to a group of fans, so that was cool.

Then I went home and ran errands before heading down to Canes for set up. We had a few snags here and there, but nothing detrimental to the overall production. I gotta thank J-Wok for providing food for the volunteers. I hadn’t eaten since noon and the food was still delicious even though it was cold by the time I got around to eating it. Much love for feeding us. And definitely doing a shout out to Myx for helping make Blowfish happen. They even had a whole camera crew covering the event that night! Beautiful interviewer included! Be on the lookout for exclusive Blowfish footage. Then doors opened and we were counting down the minutes to start time. Running around and making sure things stayed on schedule was hectic, but not stressful, thanks to our performers for being there when they were supposed to be there and to Dan Matthews for making a good time line. You guys make my life easier so thank you!

The event itself went well, and very smoothly if I don’t say so myself. Performances by Vox Merger, Kero One, Dannu, Zen, and KeyKool of the Visionaries, and of course Lyrics Born with music videos by the respective artists, Far*East Movement, and ApSci. Yay! And a really cool part of the show was Lyrics Born rapping/making a shout out to SDAFF and to our chairman Dan Hom, who was in the house! And if I’m not mistaken, it was his first Blowfish experience. Woot! Go Dan!

After clean up was done, we kicked it at the hotel for a bit before going out to grab a bite to eat. That was pretty much the end of the night. And today was a catch up on sleep day. Overall it was an excellent weekend.

Tomorrow, Monday, October 26: SCANDAL MAKERS @ 7:30pm
Tuesday, October 27: 9500 LIBERTY @ 7pm @ the Jacobs Center (404 Euclid Ave, San Diego, CA 92114) (Free) – West Coast premier of 9500 LIBERTY at the Jacobs Center. Directors Eric Byler and Annabel Park are schedule to attend.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment