SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

LA Asian Film Fest - Dry

Hello hello!!

So last, last weekend, some of the SDAFFers and I went to LA Asian Pacific Film Festival! It was such a great learning experience, and we all had a lot of fun as well.

Jane and I watched a short program called "Dry" which consisted of four short films. Each film portrayed different aspects of a severe lack of water and poverty. This set of films was a huge contrast from the previous one we had watched, so Jane and I were a bit taken aback. The one that really got my attention was the Indian film, A Drop (Boond), directed by Abhishek Pathak. A Drop which has the tagline, "The last great war will not be fought for land or oil but for water" revolves around a woman, her son and the water-lacking village they live in. The woman and her son are the only ones in the village with access to the only well in the area. The film shows the corruption that power can bring and reminds us that there are those living in dire conditions.

The program was a serious one and was a slow during certain points, but it has a great story to share. I was reminded of how many blessings I have and the position I am in to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment