SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello everyone :)

This past weekend, I watched the South Korean romantic comedy, "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK". I was pretty excited to watch it because I had heard good things about the movie and the posters looked really cool. Plus, Rain is in it. So, that's good enough reason to watch. haha just kidding :)

It was an interesting film, to say the least. The director Park Chan-wook is extremely well-known for making his films unique and adding creative elements to set his films apart from others. The movie's plot was unlike any I have watched before. It was bizarre, funny, and heart-warming all at the same time. Because it is a surrealist film, I had to place myself in the shoes of the characters to experience their world and all of its uniqueness.
Both actors played their roles very well, and I plan to watch some of their other works in the near future.

Being able to borrow films from SDAFF's collection to watch at my convenience is a really great privilege. I get to taste Asian culture and connect myself to my heritage, especially when I watch South Korean films. I look forward to watching more Asian and Asian-American films and sharing them with you!

Much love,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment