SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Katie Says Goodbye...Kind Of...

    

Without question, Katie Silverstein has been a shining star among interns here at SDAFF. Her maturity beyond her years, work ethic, and quick comprehension have made it possible for her to excel in a fast-paced work environment. She is now going into another phase of her time with SDAFF, as she starts her time in the Reel Voices student filmmaking program. Now, she will become one in a long line of successful student filmmakers who have come from the program. Now as she says "goodbye" to her Internship, she can now say hello to new opportunities at SDAFF, here in her words are what she felt about her month-long intensive internship program in partnership with High-Tech High:



\
This past month has flown by so fast! Every day I walked into work, I was always greeted by such a wonderful and friendly staff that has made my experience at SDAFF more than I could have ever hoped for. Over the course of my internship time, I have become more comfortable talking and working in the business environment. It was difficult at first just because I was unfamiliar with both the staff and the workplace, but I found myself adjusting in no time. They made me feel so at ease every day when I came to work, but all fun and games aside, they had really high expectations of me because they have high expectations for the foundation. Their belief in SDAFF’s mission drives them each to produce the best quality work and have the kindest of heart. Both the energy that the foundation has given me along with my own motivations was the combo which really made my internship time successful.

My internship has not so much influenced, or changed, my thoughts about what I want to do for a career, but has made me really reflect on who I am as a person. What are my morals? What are my goals for myself? And as long as I have a strong sense of self, I will be able to succeed in anything I choose to do. That sense of mind will help me both with school and my career.

Without everyone here at SDAFF, I would not be where I am today. They all welcomed me with open arms and am glad to be a part of the family. Special thanks to Phil, Amy, and Lee Ann! I am so thankful for the support and friendship that you have given me. I can’t wait to continue my journey and friendship with SDAFF ~

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment