SDAFF Facebook SDAFF Twitter SDAFF YouTube SDAFF Home Contact SDAFF Submit your film today! SDAFF Home SDAFF Home Image Map

Monday, March 15, 2010

Women in Film Part 2: Lynn Chen

Actress and foodie, Lynn Chen, is one busy woman these days after starring in two feature films at SDAFF 09 (WHITE ON RICE, PEOPLE I'VE SLEPT WITH). She also co-starred with the beautiful Joan Chen and Michelle Krusiec in SAVING FACE. Here, Lynn keeps it short and "sweet" with SDAFF's Woman's History month interview.

What are you working on now?

The auditioning insanity that is pilot season. But I have a film shooting soon to look forward to –David Boyle’s next feature, “Surrogate Valentine.” And, as always, my food blog – www.theactorsdiet.com


People assume I am....

The lovely Karin Anna Cheung.


My female hero is....

Rachael Ray. I admit I started off quite irritated by her, but she has taught me how to cook.


Being a woman means.....

Being aware of the gender roles that exist in our society, and knowing we always have the freedom to embrace or ignore them.


The best advice another woman has given me is....

Eat leafy greens.


Favorite Movie & Why.....

A toss up between The Goonies and The Karate Kid. I have a special place in my heart for movies I watched over and over as a child.


My dream project is.....

The Goonies 2 – I want to play Data’s sister all grown up. And it would be terrific if Spike Jonze directed it too.


Biggest obstacle you’ve overcome....

My eating disorders, which took over five years to tackle.


Biggest accomplishment so far in your life.....

My super solid marriage and family life. If you saw me as a teenager, you would’ve never thought it’d be possible.


Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Still trying to embrace the present, let go of the past, and unable to predict the future.


Finally, anything random you would like to share?

Girl Scout Samoa Cookies are delicious frozen. It’s not just the Thin Mints that should be put in the freezer!


Please visit Lynn Chen’s Foodie Blog: www.theactorsdiet.com



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to "Surrogate Valentine"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lynn Chen is soooo beautiful!!

    I loved the scene at 5:00min...''I'M SORRY!!!'' x)

    ReplyDelete